10 or 13 Week Session | 1.5 Hours Classes
(Total class time 15 hours or 19.5 hours)
- For ages 5 to 15
- No classes
- Need a catch-up class?
Click here to learn more
- 5% off when you register 2+ students
Oct 10 to 12 (Thanksgiving)
Nov 11 (Remembrance Day)
Create a masterpiece with professional art supplies, have fun and get messy. Each day is a new adventure and may include painting, drawing, printmaking and sculpting.
Drop off only. Absolutely no exceptions please.
RegistrationHave a gift card or code? Please email the studio before booking. We do not provide refunds after booking—No Exceptions.
The following studios will not need to email before booking with a gift card: South Surrey, Summerside, Albert Park, Meadowvale, Whitby & Halifax
Please select your location * If the pop up is empty or not listed, it is currently not offered at your studio.
We are deep cleaning and renovating the interior to comply with health recommendations of social distancing, sanitization and sharing. We will set up station tables for students to work individually, students will get an area assigned to them for each project. Tables will be 6 feet apart around the parameter of the room, one table per student and there are plexiglass dividers between each station.
Students will no longer share supplies. Students will create 6 feet apart with plexiglass dividers between each station. We no longer have large shared tables, everyone has their own space to work at. We have thought carefully about what supplies and materials are needed in the space and removed unnecessary items to optimize sanitization. Each student has their own selection of tools at their station, no sharing of supplies.
Hourly hand washing will be mandatory and one student at a time will be permitted at the sink area. We will continue to teach care of materials with the students, with each one being responsible for cleaning their own tools. Floor space has been opened up and floor traffic will be controlled by teachers.
Teachers have increased time between lessons to sanitize the studio; work areas, floors, high touch areas and bathroom. After each lesson, teachers will sanitize and reset each station. End of day cleaning time has increased and will be documented and monitored daily. All teachers will be retrained on new sanitization and health standards. Teachers will increase hand washing to every hour minimum and will stay home if feeling ill.
Drop off at the front door only to limit the amount of people inside. In any outdoor lineups people must keep 6 feet apart, as marked on pavement. No parents inside, no exceptions. Students must bring a pair of indoor shoes and parents must take outdoor shoes and coats away with them. Students are only permitted to bring a labelled water bottle and labelled small lunch container, no backpacks. All students must bring their own painting smock or wear appropriate clothes that can get messy, no shared aprons will be available.
Please talk to your kids before they come about behaviour, listening and touching. Absolutely no touching will be permitted of other students, the teacher, materials, tools or things around the studio outside of their station. Students will be instructed before each lesson of this and to keep their hands to themselves. We will demonstrate the correct amount of space between students that must be adhered to. Failure to follow these rules will result in immediate parent pickup, no exceptions.
Families will answer questions during sign in to ensure each student is fit to participate. Parents must confirm their child is not experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 including: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or painful swallowing, runny nose, nasal congestion, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue, loss of appetite. If a child or any family member in the household is ill, do not come. If a teacher observes signs of illness in a child, parents will be contacted immediately to pick up and no credit or refund will be given. If a teacher is feeling ill we will cancel class with as much notice as possible and credit will be applied to any participating family account.
Yes, the studio will look different BUT the artwork and standard of teaching has not changed. You can still expect a high quality of teaching, great materials and wonderful smiling teachers who have had new training to ensure health and safety is still their #1 priority with the new regulations.
We encourage students to attend on the same day and time as much as possible.
If your child has missed a class and needs to catch up on a project, please use our online form to arrange a catch up class through our website.
Please do not email or call regarding catch-up classes. Maximum two catch-up classes per session. No credits or refunds for missed classes. Please understand catch-up classes are not owed if a child misses a class. Catch-up times are 30 minutes and do not include any art history component. We offer these catch-up times to help ensure a child will finish their artwork on time. Maximum 2 make up classes per session. Make up classes do not transfer over to another session.
- We have scheduled 30 minutes between Exploratory classes. Every class concludes with a gallery show of the incredible art that students created that day. We love having parents come into the studio after the class and our students are so excited to show off their new skills and projects.
- BUT… Please come into the classroom only once the curator has indicated that the class is over.
- If you come in earlier it REALLY distracts the students. The last few minutes of class we will be discussing art history and we want to ensure students are engaged and involved.
- If you feel like your child may get hungry, please feel free to pack a nut-free snack as well as a water bottle.
- Clearly label all snacks, lunch bags, water bottles and clothing with your child’s full name. Any left items will be held for a maximum of one week.
- There are kids coming to the studio who are SEVERELY allergic to nuts. NO NUTS PLEASE!
- No cell phones allowed. Please leave mobile devices and handheld electronics at home.
- Please be “dressed for mess” as we will be painting with acrylics (which do not come out of clothing). We have some aprons here at the studio to borrow but sometimes pants, sleeves, dresses and shoes get messy too 🙂
- If possible, to avoid paint getting on jackets, we highly recommend leaving jackets with parents.
- Please know that in the event of serious behavioural issues, our policy is to call the parents for immediate pickup.
- We do not offer refunds. We can transfer your booking if your booking is cancelled 2 weeks prior to the start of class. We cannot provide a transfer or credit after this time.
- Children must be able to walk into class on their own. Parents are not permitted to stay and wait in the studio during class.