Please Note: The following studios are not offering Winter Exploratory Courses: South Surrey, Montgomery, Summerside, Albert Park, Saskatoon, Meadowvale, Whitby, Vimont, Halifax & Lindfield. Please click here to find January to March Classes.
Winter Exploratory Classes
4 Week Session | 1.5 Hours Classes *
For ages 5 to 155% off second child registration
- Feb 15 & 16
- March 18 to 29 (BC Spring Break)
- March 21 to April 3 (AB Spring Break)
- March 9 to 22 (ON Spring Break)
For the 4 week session, students can choose between drawing with pencil and marker, introducing blending and shading techniques or brush painting on a 17×34 canvas using acrylics and introducing large scale painting, brush techniques and interior scene painting.
New projects each session!
Our classes will start off with your art instructors presenting 2 projects for students to choose between. Students will continue to work on this chosen project for the next few of classes (now 1.5 hrs long!)
We incorporate fun, age appropriate art appreciation and art history into each project. We use professional art materials and tools, our lessons focus on technique as well as introducing appropriate terminology.
Our instructors place emphasis on kindness and co-operation while working together in an art studio.
Please select your location: If the pop up is empty or a particular workshop is not listed, it is currently not offered at your studio.
*Sat and Sun classes are now 4 week beginning end of February!Have a gift card or code? Please email the studio before booking. We do not provide refunds after booking—No Exceptions.
We encourage students to attend on the same day and time as much as possible.
If your child has missed a class and needs to catch up on a project, please use our online form to arrange a catch up class through our website.
Please do not email or call regarding catch-up classes. Maximum two catch-up classes per session. No credits or refunds for missed classes. Please understand catch-up classes are not owed if a child misses a class. Catch-up times are 30 minutes and do not include any art history component. We offer these catch-up times to help ensure a child will finish their artwork on time. Maximum 2 make up classes per session. Make up classes do not transfer over to another session.
- We have scheduled 30 minutes between Exploratory classes. Every class concludes with a gallery show of the incredible art that students created that day. We love having parents come into the studio after the class and our students are so excited to show off their new skills and projects.
- BUT… Please come into the classroom only once the curator has indicated that the class is over.
- If you come in earlier it REALLY distracts the students. The last few minutes of class we will be discussing art history and we want to ensure students are engaged and involved.
- If you feel like your child may get hungry, please feel free to pack a nut-free snack as well as a water bottle.
- Clearly label all snacks, lunch bags, water bottles and clothing with your child’s full name. Any left items will be held for a maximum of one week.
- There are kids coming to the studio who are SEVERELY allergic to nuts. NO NUTS PLEASE!
- No cell phones allowed. Please leave mobile devices and handheld electronics at home.
- Please be “dressed for mess” as we will be painting with acrylics (which do not come out of clothing). We have some aprons here at the studio to borrow but sometimes pants, sleeves, dresses and shoes get messy too 🙂
- If possible, to avoid paint getting on jackets, we highly recommend leaving jackets with parents.
- Please know that in the event of serious behavioural issues, our policy is to call the parents for immediate pickup.
- We do not offer refunds. We can transfer your booking if your booking is cancelled 2 weeks prior to the start of class. We cannot provide a transfer or credit after this time.
- Children must be able to walk into class on their own. Parents are not permitted to stay and wait in the studio during class.