Exploratory Art Class Perk: $20 BONUS CREDIT!
*Register before March 20th & receive a $20 credit on your account to use towards Spring Camps, Summer Camps or Fall 10 week session! Check out all the Exploratory Perks here!
- The $20 credit on your account will be available for your next registration
- We will apply credit manually after the spring registration has been completed, it will not auto deduct.
- Credit will be added within 48 hours to your account.
- Offer valid on 10 Week 2020 Spring Session registration only.
- 5% off Sibling Discount on second child registration.
- Transactions cannot be backdated to add credits.
- Credit will not be applied to THIS Spring Session booking. No cash value.
This Spring Session, students will have the opportunity to learn new sculptural and glazing techniques to create a large cat or dog clay sculpture with our new speckled high fire clay.
In the spirit of spring and for the clay wheel lovers, we are introducing a beautiful blue and pink high fire glaze technique using brush and dip glazes. We will be making groovy blue or pink stoneware dishes on the clay wheel and using hand-building techniques.
Or painters can choose to create a Spring triptych series of animals on 8×8 canvas with acrylic paints while mastering flat brush techniques.
Or for students who love drawing, they can learn and practice realist drawing techniques and choose to create a stunning 17″×34″ orca painting using acrylic wash and detail brush techniques inspired by nature and realist artist Robert Bateman.
Or if they love painting, we will also present the option to work on a fun Renoir inspired 14″×18″ acrylic on canvas painting!
Or! They can sculpt a magical colossal Unicorn Sculpture using armature and oven-bake clay!
Or!! They can experiment with drawing & watercolour techniques to create spring inspired animals and landscapes! Lots of choices!
10 Week Session | 1.5 Hours Classes
(Total 15 hours of studio time)
- For ages 5 to 15 No classes
- April 10 to 13 (Easter Break)
- May 16 to 17 (Victoria Day Long Weekend)
- 5% off when you register 2+ students
Need a catch-up class?
Click here to learn more
Our classes will start off with your art instructors presenting 2 projects for students to choose between. Students will continue to work on this chosen project for the next few classes (now 1.5 hrs long!) After projects are complete, they will have the opportunity to choose between 2 new projects.
New projects each session!
We incorporate fun, age appropriate art appreciation and art history into each project. We use professional art materials and tools, our lessons focus on technique as well as introducing appropriate terminology.
Our instructors place emphasis on kindness and co-operation while working together in an art studio.
Please select your location * If the pop up is empty or a particular workshop is not listed, it is currently not offered at your studio.Have a gift card or code? Please email the studio before booking. We do not provide refunds after booking—No Exceptions.
The following studios will not need to email before booking with a gift card: South Surrey, Montgomery, Summerside, Albert Park, Saskatoon, Meadowvale, Whitby, Vimont, Halifax & Lindfield
We encourage students to attend on the same day and time as much as possible.
If your child has missed a class and needs to catch up on a project, please use our online form to arrange a catch up class through our website.
Please do not email or call regarding catch-up classes. Maximum two catch-up classes per session. No credits or refunds for missed classes. Please understand catch-up classes are not owed if a child misses a class. Catch-up times are 30 minutes and do not include any art history component. We offer these catch-up times to help ensure a child will finish their artwork on time. Maximum 2 make up classes per session. Make up classes do not transfer over to another session.
- We have scheduled 30 minutes between Exploratory classes. Every class concludes with a gallery show of the incredible art that students created that day. We love having parents come into the studio after the class and our students are so excited to show off their new skills and projects.
- BUT… Please come into the classroom only once the curator has indicated that the class is over.
- If you come in earlier it REALLY distracts the students. The last few minutes of class we will be discussing art history and we want to ensure students are engaged and involved.
- If you feel like your child may get hungry, please feel free to pack a nut-free snack as well as a water bottle.
- Clearly label all snacks, lunch bags, water bottles and clothing with your child’s full name. Any left items will be held for a maximum of one week.
- There are kids coming to the studio who are SEVERELY allergic to nuts. NO NUTS PLEASE!
- No cell phones allowed. Please leave mobile devices and handheld electronics at home.
- Please be “dressed for mess” as we will be painting with acrylics (which do not come out of clothing). We have some aprons here at the studio to borrow but sometimes pants, sleeves, dresses and shoes get messy too 🙂
- If possible, to avoid paint getting on jackets, we highly recommend leaving jackets with parents.
- Please know that in the event of serious behavioural issues, our policy is to call the parents for immediate pickup.
- We do not offer refunds. We can transfer your booking if your booking is cancelled 2 weeks prior to the start of class. We cannot provide a transfer or credit after this time.
- Children must be able to walk into class on their own. Parents are not permitted to stay and wait in the studio during class.